Animation Tools C#/C++ Programmer (All Levels)
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is currently seeking an Animation Tools UI Programmer. We are looking for an experienced application UI Programmer to help us develop animation specific tools for open-world, character-based games. You should be a skilled programmer with a passion for creating intuitive user-interfaces and optimizing application workflow. The role will also require an interest in character animation and the communication skills necessary to work with a wide group of discipline experts within Rockstar.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop animation technology, from performance capture through to a sophisticated runtime engine, for massive open world games.
- We are a global team of programmers and researchers who collaborate on pushing the boundaries of character animation on next generation hardware.
- We support and work closely with gameplay, animation, and technical art teams, across multiple projects at different Rockstar studios.
- Join our core animation technology team and work closely with gameplay, AI, tools, and art teams across different Rockstar studios.
- Design, implement, and maintain animation-specific standalone tools.
- Iterate prototype design ideas and evolve them into fluent, easy to use UIs.
- Cooperate with artists, designers, and other programmers on how to best utilize the current UI technology.
- Learn how to work with animation system features in a large, existing codebase.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- A passion for character-based games and for creating impactful tools that simplifies and speeds up content generation.
- Experience developing standalone tools.
- Strong .NET/C# and C/C++ programming skills, OO design skills, and 3D math background.
- Talent for creating intuitive user-interfaces and optimizing application workflow.
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly share complex technical information with other programmers, animators, and technical artists.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience in UI development with WPF (or similar frameworks) and MVVM pattern.
- Games industry experience working on AAA character-based titles.
- Experience creating, extending, or working directly with an animation system within a game engine.
- Some exposure to networking, TCP/UDP socket programming.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.