At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New England is on the lookout for talented AI Programmers who possess a passion for bringing our AI to life, solving challenging problems with pragmatic solutions. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's game development studio in the greater Boston area.
WHAT WE DO
- We create believable worlds that players can get immersed in.
- We create believable characters using both AI and animation techniques.
- We develop systems, such as ambient character behaviors, group behaviors, combat behaviors, and more.
- We work as a global AI/Gameplay team across multiple studios as well as working closely with animators and designers.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features.
- Complete tasks to specification defined by your Lead Programmer.
- Work together with designers and animators to deliver features on schedule.
- A keen eye for qualitative issues is essential.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial games programming experience.
- Solid C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices, and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Great team communication skills.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
- Experience working with animations and animation trees.
- Experience with pathfinding or AI movement and behaviors.
- Experience solving complex vehicle AI navigation, steering, route planning, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you've got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.