AI/Gameplay Programmer (All Levels)
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented AI/Gameplay Programmer who is passionate about the visual quality and feel of character locomotion and animation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh, Scotland.
WHAT WE DO
- We create exciting and believable player and AI characters.
- We develop systems to deliver high quality player and non-player character movement using AI and Animation technology.
- We work as a global team across multiple studios as well as working closely with animators, designers and artists.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features to establish the correct look and feel for the game.
- Complete tasks to specification defined by your Lead Programmer.
- Work together with animators and programmers to deliver features on schedule.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Solid C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Great team communication skills.
- Knowledge of common animation technologies, such as animation trees.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
- A keen eye for qualitative issues is essential.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working on advanced AI or Gameplay features on an existing game project.
- Experience working with motion matching or similar methods for character animation.
- Experience with machine learning, reinforcement learning or other techniques for character control and animation.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.