Test Tools and Infrastructure Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Test Tools and Infrastructure Engineer, you will build the test platforms to allow Roblox to scale with high-quality and reliability. If you are customer-focused and looking for an environment to challenge you, you'll be right at home within our accomplished and growing Engineering team.
This is a high impact position, supporting our engineering team as we grow the platform to handle the demands of our targeted one billion monthly users. Our customers are our coworkers, and you will work with engineers across Roblox to provide the test tools and infrastructure they need. You will work on projects at every stage of the pipeline, improving the CI test experience all the way through to load testing the deployment in production. This is an exciting time at Roblox. We are growing, and you will be a founding member of an essential new team.
- A programmer, having built Tools using two or more languages (Python, Java, C#, JSON, C++, GO, …)
- Knowledgeable and proficient in deploying common industry test/build/CICD tools and technology
- Customer-focused, you enjoy the challenge of working with your customers to establish excellent solutions that solve their toughest problems.
- You work with and inspire others around you, and you are comfortable working with people in any situation
- Experienced, with 6+ years as an engineer, you have delivered essential Tool and infrastructure projects, and have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Develop and support test tools and infrastructure that meet the requirements of our engineering teams
- Collect and evaluate customer requirements to make critical build versus buy recommendations
- Identify important problems and prevent them from reoccurring by root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve our test tooling, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure we can achieve scalability and high reliability
- Develop and share best practices with our engineering teams to improve automation and efficiency.
- Work with a global team of engineers who are building groundbreaking technology to create the Metaverse
- You will report to the Head of Engineering Efficiency
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar