Sr. Fullstack Engineer
About Roblox China
Roblox, a global online experience platform for kids, brings more than 90 million people together through play. We enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers. Roblox is ranked as one of the top online entertainment services for audience under the age of 18.
To continue our global growth, Roblox has structured a joint venture with Chinese technology giant Tencent to help us enter the Chinese market. Roblox China will initially focus on education: specifically, coding fundamentals, game design, digital citizenship and entrepreneurial skills. Roblox China will also create and nurture an active community of developers in the region. With access to China’s roughly 800 million internet users, Roblox has the opportunity to reach the next level of global experiences companies.
By joining Roblox China, you will have the opportunity to have a powerful impact on our company’s growth trajectory. We’re looking for someone who is eager to take on a meaningful role to help Roblox China grow. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who is ready to take Roblox China—and their career—to the next level. Join the Roblox China team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Sr Fullstack Web Engineer
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in helping us scale our software stack at a time of incredible growth for our business.
- Comfortable designing, implementing, releasing and monitoring services at large scale, familiar with multiple languages/frameworks you can choose the right tool for the situation
- A leader by example: raising the technical bar for your team by identifying processes to improve, technologies to leverage and ways to mentor
- Curious, passionate and determined to deliver world class software that’s used more than 1 billion hours a month, busting through any walls in your way
- Well rounded software engineer: you have working experience dealing with relational databases, distributed systems, software design patterns and large-scale applications
- A solid programmer: you are skilled in at least one compiled language, like C#, Java, C++, etc
- Up-to-speed on all things Cloud: it is an added bonus if you have working experience with public cloud solutions such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- MUST BE FLUENT IN MANDARIN AND ENGLISH
- Step up to design the interfaces and abstractions between services, building simple but highly leveraged distributed systems for the company
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation
- Enhance and extend our Telemetry system for the charting and visualization of Roblox events and metrics
- Build new microservices in a modern development process using Docker, .net Core Linux, and container orchestration
- Lunch allowance & Unlimited Snacks and drinks Fitness Reimbursement
- Transportation allowance after 7:00 PM
- Supplementary medical insurance is provided to all employees.
- Headphone Reimbursement - One-time purchase and they are yours to keep!