Software Engineering Manager, Studio Modeling
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox Studio is the IDE used by millions of developers to create games and experiences on Roblox Platform. Several teams are working on products that constitute Studio application. As an Engineering Manager you will lead a team that is in charge of the end-to-end architecture, design, implementation and delivery of Roblox Studio products, tools, modules and components.
- A Leader, with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers and analysts
- Experienced, with a development track record at multiple companies. 2+ years in a Manager/Team Lead role, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experienced with 3D programming and 3D design tools and/or 3D game engines
- Experienced with UI/UX programming, familiar with UI frameworks like QT, React.JS or similar
- Familiar with 3D workflows including interoperability with CAD or modeling tools (Blender, Maya, Max, or Houdini)
- Experienced with integration of 3rd party libraries and tools to support our workflows.
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing desktop application
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Metrics driven with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
- Lead application engineering team for Roblox Studio product line by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Create best-in-class developer facing modeling tools using C++ and Lua in Roblox Studio
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work as a player-coach, leading the design and coding efforts by example
- Define, develop, and implement best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar