Software Engineer - Network Traffic
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work® . We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today - distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
The Traffic group within Roblox’s Network Infrastructure team develops and operates network software to make access to Roblox fast, reliable, and secure for players around the world. Our work includes: global load balancing based on Real User Measurement data, TLS and HTTP acceleration, building a service mesh for application communication, and developing wire-speed proxies for real-time game network protocols.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing network software in C, C++, and/or Rust.
- Strong knowledge of TCP, HTTP, DNS, TLS, and UDP protocols
- Self-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Develop low-latency, high-throughput software for network load balancing, proxying, and caching.
- Develop automated unit tests for mission-critical software, and contribute to code and design reviews.
- Analyze and improve network protocols and implementations to deliver a responsive experience for users around the world.
- Collaborate with other teams in the company, as well as external partners and industry groups, to deliver sustainable solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination