Senior Workday Administrator
Senior Workday Administrator
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. Every month, more than 115 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital experiences. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
We are committed to building the next generation of entertainment—allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an endless array of user-generated worlds. All of these experiences are built by the Roblox community, made up of over two million creators.
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role and contribute to the meteoric success of Roblox. We want team members who believe in the power of play and take it seriously, but aren’t afraid to have fun while they’re doing it. Are you ready to take Roblox – and your career – to the next level?
The People Team at Roblox focuses on creating a sustained competitive advantage by evolving what we do in the people space (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, etc.) into a thoughtful, integrated, low-friction “people operating system”. We want to inspire people at Roblox to confidently take on challenging problems and allow them to push the envelope while providing what is needed to accelerate their development.
We take a strong quantitative and analytical stance on building and optimizing this operating system. The Senior Workday Administrator will join our People team and will be instrumental in making that vision a reality. The role will partner with the People Team and our group of senior leaders and their organizations supporting and evolving Roblox’s unique approach to technology, leadership and culture.
As a Senior Workday Administrator you will:
- Act as subject matter expert in all Workday systems and processes, and pro-actively consult the business to drive efficient and effective use of the Workday system.
- Manage changes and projects ranging in size and scale, from start to finish.
- Standardize and continuously improve HR processes and data.
- Support HR Operations to drive automation and self-serve utilization
- Analyze and assess business needs, and identify creative solutions
- Provide hands-on functional design and configuration (design, build, configure and test).
- Manage security changes and data uploads (EIB).
- Advise business on best practices and processes based on latest Workday features.
- Assist in the development of plans to mitigate and avoid potential system issues.
- Resolve incidents raised by key users in a timely manner.
- A bachelor degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing Workday systems
- Extensive knowledge of Workday Core HCM, Payroll, Talent and Compensation.
- Proficiency in Workday data and structure (including business processes, calculated fields, EIBs, security, and reporting).
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting Workday Integrations required.
- A service/customer oriented approach with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- A focus on results and an ability to maximize time management and project prioritization
- A collaborative work style and a passion for knowledge sharing with team members and cross functional stakeholders.