Senior Software Engineer - Game Engine Languages
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Roblox game engine team, you will work on cutting-edge interpreters and runtimes for embedded scripting languages in the Roblox engine. To make tomorrow's top games, developers on the Roblox platform need more than just a scripting environment that works–they need advanced language features, comprehensive static analysis, and an ultra-fast, multithreaded runtime. Join our team and help drive the development of new languages and features that will be used by millions of developers.
- Passionate about languages: You're excited about bringing the concepts from your favorite programming languages into a new system
- Experienced: You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience with in C++
- Knowledgeable: You've spent time diving into, implementing, and extending interpreters for scripting languages
- Self-sufficient: You're experienced in working with complex codebases with minimal oversight
- Responsible: You build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing
- Curious: You are keen to learn and grow. You stay informed about the latest developments in languages and scripting runtimes
- Design, develop and maintain the scripting runtimes, interpreters, and tools for the Roblox engine and development environment
- Extend the Roblox scripting language to add new features that help developers write bug-free code more quickly
- Work collaboratively with engineers on our tools and IDE teams
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver awesome environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms