(Closed) Senior Software Engineer (Data) - Search and Discovery
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an S&D Software Engineer (focused on Data) you will have the opportunity to work on the various big data systems used by S&D. These include batch and streaming pipelines, feature stores, recommendation systems, search engine indexing. The systems we build together will help Roblox do Search and Discovery better which will make users happier. Additionally, we will grow the team and our systems together.
People in this role should expect challenges requiring a variety of skillsets including: building microservices and pipelines, managing data infrastructure, data analysis, and scaling machine learning workloads.
- Define and build the Data Infra for S&D workflows
- Build tooling to interact with S&D data systems
- Build batch and streaming pipelines that populate S&D data stores such as the Signal Platform
- Build and maintain complex backend systems used in serving search and recommendations
- 5+ years experience working on data heavy applications.
- Fluent in SQL and another modern programming language such as Java, Python, Scala, C#, etc.
- Experienced with big data tools/frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Flink, etc.
- Experienced building and scaling microservices.
- Reporting into the Search and Discovery Organization.
You May Have:
- Worked with ETL orchestration tools like Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch.
- Worked with Terraform or similar tools to manage IaC.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar