Senior Software Engineer - Cache
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device- reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on the meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s read to take Roblox – and their career – to the next level.
Roblox is honored to be ranked as one of 2019’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area by Fortune and recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
WHO WE ARE:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join the Cache Infrastructure pod that is part of Roblox's Database Platform Team. We provide a performant, reliable, and scalable caching layer for a variety of complex applications. The quality of our product directly impacts functionality and responsiveness of the Roblox platform.
- Build caching-as-a-service systems to enable on-demand deployment of large-scale Redis and Memcached clusters
- Solve and automate infrastructure problems through software - observability, provisioning, reliability and clustering
- Apply diverse tools, and technologies to solve existing problems: C#, Go, Rust, Docker, Hashistack’s Consul, Vault and Nomad
- Exude motivation and passion as a professional who stands out in a hyper-growth environment
- Experienced: Expertise in building large distributed systems serving millions of users
- Knowledgeable: Strong understanding of Computer Science and Software Engineering practices
- Driven: You thrive when solving complex challenges
- Adaptable: Successfully shift focus and enjoys working outside your comfort zone
- Responsible: Build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing
- Curious: Keen to learn and grow, and stay up to date on technology developments
- Collaborative: Working effectively with a team, open to learning from others as well as helping them grow as a mentor
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and Rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox – Powering Imagination.