(Closed) Senior Product Manager, Payments and Currency
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As the Senior Product Manager for Payments and Currency, you will build and improve the Roblox systems that support nearly all of the revenue that flows through the company. The scope of this role includes building Roblox’s long-term strategy and product roadmap for fraud detection, integrations with payment providers, new payment methods and international expansion, monitoring and maintaining the overall health and scalability of our existing payment systems, and supporting the diverse portfolio of purchases on the platform. And more! You will report to the Senior Director of Product, Monetization.
If you are an entrepreneurial product leader, eager to propose bold ideas and put them into action, you’ll be a great fit.
- Seasoned Senior Product Manager with a history working on payment and fraud systems. You have been on the front lines of tackling fraud, and can build and execute a long term roadmap for managing fraud in a scalable and adaptive manner
- You have a proven track record of aligning teams and prioritizing features/resources to deliver an excellent product
- Experienced, with 4+ years of product management experience, ideally with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field. Previous experience building/iterating on payments systems is extremely desirable
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch. Opinionated and willing to make calls with limited information. Comfortable advocating for resources and operating in a dynamic, fluid organization
- Technical, comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details. Able to engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; willing to roll up sleeves and design scalable and extensible solutions
- Metrics driven, with proficiency in identifying, defining, tracking and acting upon metrics using A/B testing methods. Experience identifying KPIs and working with engineering and analytics on instrumentation and monitoring
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey strategies, priorities, and tradeoffs at the 30K foot level. Then engage with engineering and design through extremely detailed technical specifications and/or wireframes
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive
- Build and execute Roblox’s long-term strategy and product roadmap for fraud detection
- Partner closely with Data Science, Data Engineering, Customer Support, and Moderation to build the data set and feedback loops for fraud modeling
- Define, experiment, measure impact, and iterate on new payments, fraud, and currency products
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming, then take these early ideas and iterate, experiment, and build. Defend your POV against skeptics, while being open to feedback and adapting your ideas to deliver the best output
- Partner with other product, design and engineering teams at Roblox, and drive strategic alignment. Enroll other teams into your product vision and align roadmaps to ensure cohesive product functionality and value proposition
- Use customer understanding and empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing. Comfortable working with a highly technical developer audience
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar