Senior Product Manager, Builder Tools
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a member of the Roblox Studio group, you will build the future of 3D creation in Studio - our hero content creation product.
Studio is the “Metaverse Editor” - a unified toolset that allows developers to rapidly build, publish, and operate their experiences. These experiences are social, immersive and enjoyed by hundreds of millions of users around the world. As Product lead of Builder Tools, you will ensure that 3D creators can rapidly build immersive worlds. You will also drive Studio’s transition from primarily manual creation to automatic, procedural building. You’ll drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap that helps make creation exponentially faster.
- Visionary, with 5-7 years of product management experience and a history of finding the highest leverage path through a sea of options
- Communicative. You have a history of juggling stakeholders and can succinctly explain, advocate for and sell your product strategy.
- Experienced shipping and managing a product that democratizes creation and radically simplifies user workflows
- Systematic. You are working toward a clear goal and every incremental release advances it. You understand system dynamics and prioritize scalability
- Technical. You understand the gritty details and can efficiently communicate with the world’s best engineers
- Be the Product DRI for 3D content creation for millions of developers
- Drive the strategy for a next generation of authoring tools that enables 3D social co-experiences.
- Understand new trends and cutting edge technologies so you can ensure that we have the best tools in the world to power our creation platform
- Engage our developers directly and balance that feedback with an understanding of what is possible today and might be possible in the future to identify new capabilities and define product features
- Create and deliver innovative authoring concepts that satisfy the needs of the diverse Roblox developer community
- Develop deep customer empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing.
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, customer behavior, or other market metrics.
- Dive into the technical nitty-gritty, helping make the right architectural decisions.
- Grow your career with a rocket ship company
- A degree in a highly technical field like computer science, software engineering, or similar experience.
- Product experience delivering content creation tools that radically simplify user workflows
- Demonstrated ability to think in system and platform terms
- Product experience with a consumer product
- Product experience with a developer focus or on a development platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar