Senior/Principal Software Engineer - Roblox Cloud Services - Interface
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, 2019, and 2020 we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today - distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 5 years of hands on experience.
- A coding champion: your prowess in a multitude of programming languages such as Go, Node.js, Python, Java, empower your understanding of the challenges of building large-scale systems.
- Passionate about microservices, API’s, and automation: you love building API’s that enable people and computers to do more with less effort.
- Adventurous: you boldly go where no human has gone before; GraphQL, Docker, Hashistack, Traefik, Hubot, InfluxDB etc. might not be technologies you’ve used, but you are keen to learn and grow.
- Adaptable: you are capable of adjusting to new challenges, and experimentation is in your blood.
- Develop and deliver groundbreaking tools and API solutions that enable our teams and systems to scale to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ and ultimately ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure our goals of scalability and high availability.
- Develop and share best practices with development teams to improve the scalability and reliability of the Imagination Platform™
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.