Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you'll build machine learning based search and recommendation on the Personalization team. The mission of the team is to connect a billion users with the best connections and content at the right time, covering an extremely diverse range of recommendations and search problems at high scale. This is fundamental to how we personalize the experience to increase engagement and retention for Roblox users. Our recommendation systems suggest all experiences that the users see and play across all surfaces. With daily active users growing at a record rate, we are looking for experienced machine learning engineers who are passionate about designing and building machine learning solutions to power personalized Recommendations and Search. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Growth Personalization Team.
- Design and implement the machine learning solutions that power the recommendation and search systems driving Roblox content distribution.
- Author specs for new features and improvement
- Collaborate with other teams within Roblox to make sure we are building products with community first mindset.
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to accomplish the research efforts into the Roblox products
- Communicate with the industry and communities where applicable and be ambassador for Roblox.
- Battle Ready: You have 4+ years of experience designing and building scalable machine learning and search solutions that provide recommendations to millions or billions of users. Break down product requirements into iterative deliverable stages.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or a related discipline, Advanced degree are a definite plus.
- A Leader: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical decisions across multiple teams and organizations.
- User oriented: While deeply technical, you always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems. You simplify the complex. You bring in fresh ideas from new places.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass