Senior Gameplay Engineer - Gameplay Team
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer on the Roblox game engine team you will work on our state of the art game engine building out features to help engineers and designers construct fun, interactive experiences. No matter the platform, be it mobile or desktop or VR or consoles, you will help enable our game developers to create engaging experiences with the Roblox community using industry leading algorithms and cutting-edge technology.
- Experienced or have transferrable skills: you've worked extensively in areas like game development, user interaction or related fields. Intimately familiar with C++, Lua experience is a plus, as well client/server networking knowledge
- Customer Centric: you write systems that can be intuitively understood by developers of varying disciplines, such as engineers, game designers, and UI designers
- Systems-level: 3D math, pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Resource-minded: You familiar with the challenges of working on constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Responsible: You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing
- Curious: You are keen to learn and grow. You stay informed about the latest developments in game design and technology. You spend your time tinkering on your own personal projects around these topics
- Develop and maintain code that powers all gameplay systems on Roblox
- Create visionary systems to simplify creation of gameplay systems, while simultaneously driving efforts to deepen the interactive experience on Roblox
- Work closely with our game developer community to help achieve their creative vision
- Have fun learning about what makes Roblox an amazing platform and place to work, while contributing to industry leading technologies
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination