Senior Full Stack Web Engineer - China Core
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
About the team
The China Core team is looking for founding engineers to bring on the next big thing. This is a unique opportunity to make contributions across our technology stack. We collaborate closely with Luobu, our China Joint Venture company, and other Roblox engineering teams to deliver an amazing user experience that brings the world together through play.
- A Creator: you are excited to participate with design and product teams to create the best user experience possible
- Striving for programming excellence: you have a strong background in at least one of the following programming languages: C#, C++, Objective-C, Java, Lua, or Python
- Detail oriented: You do not miss crucial details and can identify critical areas that need verification
- A Team player: you work well with other team members -- you can decide on next steps that considers all stakeholders while managing the technical implications for the team at large
- An Explorer: you love digging into code and figuring out how it all pieces together.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Programming experience in one compiled (C++, C#, Java) and one interpreted script language (JS, PHP, Python, Lua, etc)
- Experience using test management tools and designing test cases and plans
- Strong designing and programming skills
- Excellent ability to think about long-term impact
- Experience in working with highly-scalable systems
- Ability to recognize risks, errors, and impact in application development
- Ability to work closely with other engineers
- Quickly onboard existing services and practices
- Build features that will be seen by millions of users
- Contribute to core projects to enable testability, through both architectural guidance and development
- Develop and continuously test user experiences that drive acquisition and increase
- Produce excellent thorough documentation for internal and external teams engagement on the platform
- Shape the next generation of patterns and technologies used at Roblox
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination