Senior Capacity Planning Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Roblox Capacity Team is looking for a Senior Capacity Planning Engineer to work with the Engineering teams to plan for space, power and compute resources to support Robox's growth. You will model core data center demand to ensure Roblox always has the resources to provide a great experience for players worldwide.
- Maintain Infrastructure Capacity Plans for core data center services using your growth modeling, use optimization and capacity management skills
- Drive capacity optimization efforts internally that improve fleet use to help DC planning for next 5+ years
- Build performance dashboards and visualizations to highlight trends, develop insights, and update company partners on growth, use, and other metrics
- Build automation tools to improve capacity planning operational efficiency
- Work with teams across Roblox to build data models taking different data inputs to create capacity plans and recommendations for both short-term management and long-term forecasting
- Analyze utilization metrics and understand the impact of new technologies and architecture on data center capacity
- 7+ years experience in an Infrastructure Demand or Capacity planning role
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Statistics or similar technical field of study
- Expertise with data modeling for data center and public cloud capacity planning to support demand and supply planning, buffer management, investment, efficiency and Return on investment decisions
- Experience with programming languages and scripting, like Python or Go
- Experienced in collaborating across multiple disciplines to evaluate demand signals from engineering teams and partner with G&A teams to develop corresponding data center supply plans
- A strong sense of vision and well versed in partnership with business collaborators
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar