Senior Backend Engineer - Marketplace UGC
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Senior Backend Engineer on the Avatar Marketplace team, you will lead engineering efforts in building an international marketplace for millions of virtual items that users could acquire to customize their avatars and identities on Roblox platform. Because this is an open marketplace, surfacing the right content to the right users is just one side of the story for avatar marketplace. The team is also responsible for building systems that would enable content creators to provide more sophisticated content and become more successful sellers. With daily active users growing at a new record rate, we are looking for an experienced engineer that’s passionate about designing and building scalable systems for both sides of the marketplace.
- Experienced in designing and building backend system behind consumer facing API capable of handling large number of concurrent users
- Have dealt with scalability and reliability issues associated with different system architectures including microservice architecture
- Capable of breaking down product requirements into iterative deliverable stages
- A expert in SQL database based application with in-depth knowledge of query optimization and scalability concerns
- A experienced backend engineer with 4+ years of work experience
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Designed and implemented public facing backend APIs that could handle large number(millions) of concurrent requests/users
- Experience solving relational DB scalability issues with in depth understanding of DB operation, transaction and query optimization
- Worked on different components/parts of a large scale system/product
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination