Senior 3D Generalist
Roblox is looking to push the boundaries of our engine and tools, well beyond what you currently see today on the Roblox platform. To that end, we want to create fully realized, large scale, beautiful looking showcases.
As Senior 3D Generalist for the Social Team, you will work with a team of talented 3D artists, designers and engineers to help manage the production of the next generation of social experiences. As part of this, you will help create environment assets, assist with character needs, and handle content from our outsource staff. You will also have opportunities to highlight opportunities in the engine, and ways we can make the platform more immersive and more engaging for our end users.
- A 3D Production Generalist with a BFA or equivalent and 7+ years of experience in the game industry
- Proficient with modeling within common 3D applications (Maya, Max, Blender is a plus) and industry standards for the character production pipeline in games
- A leader with experience in providing and communicating vision and critiques to contractors involved in asset production
- Accurate and precise with complex instructions, but also able to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency in production
- Game industry animation experience is definitely a plus
- Knowledgeable of various industry standard engines (Unreal, Unity, etc), experience with proprietary engines is a plus.
- Work with Design and Engineering to help plan and execute on the next generation of large scale social experiences.
- Push the limits of the current state of our engine and use new technologies as they become available.
- Help manage environment, character, and animation assets from our external partners to make sure they have the highest quality and then integrate them into a fully realized experience.
- Help create the environments for these experiences using both the content from external partners and those you and the team create.
- Respond to feedback from leaders on the experience, including performance improvement and directional changes.
- Communicating with engineering and product staff to help improve our current pipeline and developer quality of life in making similar experiences.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community