Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Engineer on the Search & Discovery Platform team (S&D) at Roblox, you’ll be part of the founding engineers building and powering S&D use cases across Roblox. Simply said, you will influence how Roblox’s next billion users will discover the best content on Roblox’s platform.
- Help shape and build the next generation platform enabling different teams to provide search and recommendations for immersive experiences, avatar items, user-generated content, friends, groups, game creation, and more.
- Ensure that our systems are resilient, robust, and can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Work closely with engineering and data science engineers for recommendation and ranking to improve the technology and models that drive recommendations.
- Experienced with at least 9+ years in building highly scalable, available, distributed backend applications.
- Someone who has architected with microservices architecture, REST, gRPC, Git, TDD, etc.
- Someone who wants to work in a fast paced environment.
- Someone who loves coding and design.
- Skilled in one or more modern programming languages such as C#, C++, Java etc.
- Fluent with SQL and No-SQL concepts and design.
- A collaborative team player who enjoys working with others.
You May Have:
- Experience building or working on a recommendation system or search backend (a huge plus).
- Experience working with public clouds such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar