Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
WHY CONTENT SAFETY?
As a Principal Software Engineer on Content Safety, you'll build systems to ensure that user-generated content across Roblox is safe and civil, including text, images, experiences, and much more. You'll work on some of the most challenging problems we face, from predatory behavior to inappropriate content to misleading experiences. Safety is Roblox's #1 priority, and our mission is to protect our community.
- A Technical Leader: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical solutions. Your technical expertise influences product direction. You foster a culture of technical excellence.
- Versatile: You're a jack of all trades and you are comfortable with several languages and technologies already; you are adaptable in any situation. You are resourceful, and take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems.
- Analytical: Excited to investigate large, ambiguous problems, and quantify the problems and the solutions.
- User Oriented: You always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers before architecting a solution.
- Team Oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger.
- Build systems to detect and address problematic content on Roblox. This may involve building backend services working at high scale, ML models, or tools to support our operation teams.
- Define and build platform features to support product teams across the company in ensuring safety in every part of Roblox.
- Help define the team's roadmap and long-term strategy towards keeping content and features on Roblox safe.
- Shape how the next generation of internet users interacts safely in the metaverse
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 8+ years of experience building and shipping products to production in any domain, such as backend, frontend, or ML.
- 8+ years of experience identifying and driving solutions to difficult problems that span multiple teams and require deep technical expertise.
- 5 years of experience developing large-scale backend services, production ML systems, or building customer-facing user experiences
Nice to Have:
- 9+ years of experience in software development
- Familiar with Python, C#, TypeScript, Lua, or Go
- Experience using big data query/processing languages and tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark and Airflow
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or other technical field
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass