Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Product Designer on Social at Roblox, you will be directly shaping how Roblox players socialize, communicate, and connect in the metaverse. This is a high visibility role, responsible for defining the core experiences that promote engagement on our platform. You will help foster a collaborative environment and spark creative thinking to establish the vision with important product partner teams around the company. Most importantly, you'll improve the hearts and minds of our users around the world at a time of incredible growth for our business.
- Experienced with 7+ years of professional career experience as a UX or product designer with several years operating in a lead capacity or at a principal level. A Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience
- A Leader who manages design quality and cohesion across all product teams, and who engages other designers to help them grow
- Collaborative, sharing work early and often and encouraging peers to look for constructive feedback from their manager, partners, teams, and the Product Design team
- Self-Organized with your time and work, and find resources to accomplish projects
- A Problem Solver who has a highly-tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges
- Investigative and inquisitive about product goals from both a company's and user's perspective, promoting a learning culture both with in the Product Design team and the larger Tech organization
- Creative by using existing frameworks to creatively produce designs and new styles and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox's products
- Detail-oriented and work toward consideration for the holistic user experience, potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends), and product overlaps in your own and others' work
- Motivated and always expanding your skills by looking for new tools and techniques
- Create outstanding user experiences for a global audience through mindful flows, systematic layouts, and delightful interactions
- Manage end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to establish your features and contribute to the direction of your product area
- Work with Engineering to guarantee a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to improve design processes
- Interview new Product Designers and inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar