Principal Front-End Web Engineer - Discovery Experience
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Principal Front-End Web Engineer working on the Discovery Experience team, you will partner with product, engineering and design leadership across the organization to build a vision for highly-usable modern interfaces that shape how millions of users users interact with the Roblox ecosystem every day. You will lead a team of engineers in designing, planning and implementing large-scale web products in an iterative, data-driven manner, running dozens of experiments each quarter to determine how best to improve user engagement and ecosystem health. If you are an experienced and effective engineering leader who is passionate about building world class features in a data driven environment, you’ll be right at home on the Discovery team.
- Experienced, 8+ plus years of work experience building world class User Interfaces
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focused on writing clear, readable documentation and testable, modular, well-monitored code
- Passionate about working on a large scale, consumer facing desktop application
- Collaborative team leader, self starter, and adaptable with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads and drive them to their appropriate resolution
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination.