Principal Application Engineer UI - Personalization
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Application Developer, you will be crafting the foremost experience that millions of players engage with daily. You will enhance the way people discover games and play with friends. You will be writing code with an application-first mindset, and be empowered to create cutting-edge systems that solidify Roblox as the paragon of game creation destinations. If you are an expert at developing cutting edge user interfaces, have a passion for creating inspiring code, and are obsessed with presenting beautiful experiences you will be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Growth Team.
- Experienced: You have 8+ years of experience as a front-end engineer working on complex user interfaces using React/Redux, React Native, or building out native mobile user interfaces on iOS and Android for large scale consumer applications and hold a BS in Computer Science or above.
- Fascinated by UX: You love to build delightful user experiences for millions of users.
- Curious: You are excited to work on a new UI platform inspired by React and powered the Roblox game engine. Learning new languages and technologies is exciting to you...
- Analytical: You love to understand how your users interact with your interface and use the findings to maximize their impact.
- Test-driven: TDD is exciting to you, not scary...
- Adaptable: You are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Team-player: You work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- Build and ship best-in-class features used by hundred of millions of users
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Write and maintain unit and integration test
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to build the world’s best applications
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar