(Closed) Payroll Administrator
Roblox, Payroll Administrator, San Mateo, CA
Roblox's mission is to bring the world together through play. Every month, more than 115 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital experiences. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
We are committed to building the next generation of entertainment—allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an endless array of user-generated worlds. All of these experiences are built by the Roblox community, made up of over two million creators.
We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role and contribute to the meteoric success of Roblox. We want team members who believe in the power of play and take it seriously, but aren't afraid to have fun while they're doing it. Are you ready to take Roblox – and your career – to the next level?
As the Payroll Administrator, you’ll be the person in charge of the daily operations of payroll and being the front line person assisting employees with their questions about all aspects of payroll. If you’ve experienced growing a company from 1,000 to 5,000+ employees, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Finance team.
- An experienced professional: You have a Bachelor’s degree, with at least 5+ years of payroll experience using Workday payroll with a public company. International payroll experience and system implementations are also a must.
- Customer focused: You understand the delicate nature of payroll and are a natural at responding to employee inquiries to their utmost satisfaction.
- A trusted leader: You have uncompromising ethical standards, have a proven track record to handle confidential and sensitive data, have 100% accurate deliverables and able to gain the confidence of all levels of the organization.
- Results oriented: You consistently meet deadlines in a timely fashion using your strong organizational and planning skills.
- Forward thinking: You are constantly thinking about process improvements and develop or update current processes to ensure the integrity of the payroll data and streamlining operations and strengthening internal controls.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll using Workday payroll.
- Prepare payroll related journal entries and reconciliations
- Process and reconcile semi-monthly funding of 401(k), FSA and HSA providers and other benefit providers as needed
- Perform reviews to ensure payroll is compliant with established controls
- Support the Workers Compensation and 401(k) audits
- In-house experience with Workday payroll
- International payroll experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to communicate with professionals at all levels
- Able to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Proven record to adapt to changing priorities and meeting strict deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc.