Network Reliability Engineer
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a member of Roblox’s Network Engineering team, the Network Reliability Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining tools that proactively drive the stability of Roblox’s connectivity and global network infrastructure. In this role, you will execute network changes efficiently and accurately; develop and maintain tools to run network production smoothly; drive innovative solutions to optimize, and automate and scale Roblox’s rapidly growing global network. This role will benefit from close collaboration with other engineering teams.
Interested about Networks, Automation and DevOps? Then this position is right for you! Building on the experience of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Roblox is building a team of Network Reliability Engineering to apply the DevOps principles to the Network.
Since this role is new in our industry we don’t expect you to know everything on day one. Whether you are a Network Engineer interested in developing your automation and software development skills, or you come from a software developer background but would like to get more involved in networking, your passion for networks automation and your motivation to learn and growth are most essential to us.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant engineering field or with at least 5 years of equivalent experience
- Experience with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
- Experience programming with languages like Python or Go
- Experience with distributed systems in a production operations environment
- Experience working with large scale Internet infrastructure
- Self-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of TCP, HTTP, DNS and SSL protocols
- Systems configuration management experience with automation tools
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools associated with our production infrastructure
- Develop and execute on the traffic strategy
- Improve quality and performance of our user experience
- Own the load-balancer and proxy infrastructure
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination