Machine Learning Manager
The Luobu Research Lab will develop cutting-edge technologies and machine learning models to build a safe environment for Roblox users. This requires detection, recognition, tracking and understanding of all relevant objects in a 3D rendered game scene. It is vital to perform these tasks precisely to detect and address the risky behaviors and actors in the community.
We are looking for researchers and software engineers who are passionate about developing computer vision and machine learning techniques to help us build a safe platform for our users, and have an incessant drive to improve the performance of our technology stack. You will be leading a creative team of engineers and researchers who solve similar challenging problems and help advance our state of the art perception system.
As an ML Engineering Manager you will lead a team that is in charge of the end-to-end architecture, design, implementation and delivery of Roblox China ML data and training pipelines.
- A leader, with strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers and analysts
- Experienced, with a development track record at multiple companies. 2+ years in a Manager/Team Lead role, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Expert in building machine learning, big data pipelines
- Have 3-5 years of experience working on consumer applications
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working on large scale, big data, ML training pipeline
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Metrics driven with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
- MUST BE FLUENT IN MANDARIN AND ENGLISH
- Lead the ML engineering team for Roblox China
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work as a player-coach, leading the design and coding efforts by example
- Define, develop, and implement best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Demonstrated ability to take neural network models from concept to production with in-depth knowledge in Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Hands-on experience in computer vision and machine learning projects (2+ years).
- Strong programming skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong analytical approach to problem-solving.
- A strong team player, self-motivated and positive attitude.
- PhD or MsC in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics or a related field.
- Extensive experience in deep learning.
- Industry research experience.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ with experience in developing latency-critical software.
- Proven track record of developing solutions for camera, image/video processing and computer vision applications.
- Experience in development, optimization and parallelization of algorithms in multi-processor environments including GPU based architectures.
- Knowledgeable in GPGPU programming APIs (CUDA, OpenCL).
- Experience with investigating hardware/software tradeoffs (including CPU/GPU profiling) to identify performance bottlenecks in the system and take ownership of the related optimizations.