Loubu Studio Technical Lead
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Luobu Studio Technical Lead, you and your team will be charting the evolution and expansion of Roblox Studio into international markets. Roblox Studio is a world-class IDE that facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository that serves a global audience. You’ll collaborate closely with Luobu, our China Joint Venture company, and continuously help Roblox Studio break new grounds for the gaming industry.
- Experienced, 6+ years in developing and deploying complex software with intuitive user experience and a solid backend behind it, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- Proven track record of project management, technical leadership and consistent feature delivery. Experience leading a small team is a plus
- Excited to quickly immerse yourself into different technical features and layers to expand them for international markets and global audiences.
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading and networking. Experience with QT/QML, MFC or other UI frameworks for desktop applications is a plus
- Proficient with industries, best practices and design patterns for global applications
- Passionate about leading by example and mentoring others to excel in coding practices
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Set the foundation on which Roblox Studio can quickly adapt to global business needs
- Own, plan and deliver a complex technical feature that will expand Studio’s capabilities
- Tailor existing complex features to different global market’s regulations
- Establish the foundational architecture and technical direction that will enable Studio to keep expanding its capabilities
- Work cross functionally, across teams and technology platforms to deliver high quality and amazing user functionality
- Lead by example and mentor junior engineers to implement technological best practices, patterns, and strategies
- Improve the product quality by fostering automation testing
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
Roblox – Powering Imagination.