Gameplay Automation/QA Engineer
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Reporting to our Director of Engineering, the QA group is a critical part of our software engineering team. We are looking for a QA Engineer who will be responsible for making sure the features we ship satisfy product specifications and don’t compromise system stability or scalability.
If you enjoy working independently in a fast-paced environment and working on game testing. Then this is a great position for you!
- Test game software in a fast-paced environment alongside a passionate engineering team.
- Interface with Roblox engineering and become familiar with best-practices in game QA testing.
- Perform regression testing and verify bug fixes.
- Author testing regressions to fill identified testing gaps.
- Review and interpret testing results from outsourced testing groups.
- Work from requirements checklists and product-specific test plans.
- Document complete and detailed defect reports.
- Be flexible with regards to occasional evening and weekend testing in order to meet deadlines.
- Work quickly and adjust to the changing demands of our agile development process.
- 3+ years experience in QA Testing.
- Experience conducting QA on multi-platform games and/or game engines.
- Ability to independently devise and implement test plans for major feature releases.
- Demonstrative problem solving skills for initial bug investigation.
- Proficiency in deploying test builds to mobile, PC, tablet, and console hardware.
- Hands-on game QA testing experience with demonstrated interest as an avid gamer.
- Sense of urgency in delivering high-profile results on a strict deadline.
- Working knowledge of bug tracking software (Jira, TestTrack Pro, Fog Bugs etc.)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.