(Closed) Gameplay Automation Engineer
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As an Automation Engineer, you will develop, optimize and maintain a custom automation testing suite for the Roblox Game Engine Team. Using the tools that you develop and manage, you will support all phases of the software life-cycle - including multi-platform tests, continuous integration, crash reporting, code coverage, and analysis tools. If you have a passion for delivering productivity and efficiency with state of the art development tools, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Game Engine Development Team.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining test tools and processes for engineering teams of 15 or more.
- You have at least 1 or more years of experience working on a commercial game.
- You also have at least 5 years of professional experience backed by a Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- Background using programming languages such as C++, C# as well as scripting languages including Python, Bash, and PowerShell, allow you to develop robust, scalable and efficient tools
- Proficient with version control (Git preferred), continuous integration, and multi-platform development environments
- Familiar with static analysis and code coverage tools
- A strong communicator
- Dedicated to optimizing full cycle engineering development pipelines
- Design and develop automation tools for our unit test and integration test suites - making sure millions of users are able to consistently have fun on Roblox
- Maintain and improve code analysis, and test tooling
- Integrate code analysis and quality metrics tools
- Improve integration between version control, build and incident tracking tools
- Provide ongoing support for the code development life-cycle
- Have fun learning about what makes Roblox an amazing platform and place to work, while contributing to industry leading technologies.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination