Engineering Manager - Big Data Infrastructure Team
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Engineering Manager - Big Data Infrastructure, you will design, deploy, and manage large scale Big Data components for Roblox, from Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Airflow)and large scale Data Ingestion Pipeline, to the real time platform on top of Apache Beam and Flink. The Big Data Infrastructure team maintains the base tooling that powers all Roblox Analytics requirements and handles 100+ Billion events per day for internal employees and Roblox Creators. The team provides the infrastructure, core micro-services and self-service tools to empower Roblox employees to collect, store and analyze Platform related data, and custom events from our developers. You will grow our distributed Analytics & ML infrastructure to achieve our vision of self-service Data Platform for Analytics & ML use cases supporting internal users and game developers.
- Experienced Engineering Manager, with at least 12+ years of managerial experience managing technical teams.
- A leader with experience with and an ability to hire and grow an experienced team of engineers.
- Contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across large distributed systems (Flink, Data Ingestion, Analytics at scale, etc.)
- Passionate about working on a large scale Big Data platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed.
- Collaborative, communicative and follow-through.
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring.
- Manage and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution.
- Provide guidance on architecture and design processes for launching products and features.
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals.
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive improvement.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar