Director of Product, Social
As the Director of Product on the Social Team, you will own the key services to enable Roblox’s commercial success. As a team leader, one of your goals will be to ensure everyone in your crew has the tools and support to be successful. Career development, mentorship, and candid feedback are essential to any great organization. Roblox teams are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build. If you have a desire to grow and learn, you will fit right in with our highly-skilled and ever-expanding client engineering team.
As excited as we are about the platform and tools we’ve built to date, we are even more proud of the Roblox culture we’ve built. At Roblox, we literally work to enable play. So while we look for candidates who have achieved impressive, measurable results in the past, we are also looking well beyond resume highlights. Roblox Product Management Directors are:
- Obsessively customer-focused—seeking an environment where delighting customers is a never-ending goal
- Leaders who have led by example, with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of pms, designers, engineers and analysts
- Passionate about working on complex systems
- Effective at building an empowered culture to drive successful projects, and also comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Active listeners and collaborators with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Focused on making the right decisions through an organized and analytical ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Metrics driven with a bit of strategic paranoia to ensure quality and monitoring
- Have a strategic orientation coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude and an ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market
- Self starter, with a high degree of self direction and independent drive
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes
- Very comfortable in a fast-paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch
- Drive the development of Social features, services and vision across consumer touchpoints and the broader Roblox ecosystem
- Imagine and execute the future of 3D social experiences
- Lead Product teams by facilitating the best from product managers and engineering teams
- Own and deliver complex technical products from the planning stage through execution
- Define, develop, and implement development best practices and strategies
- Mentor both junior and senior product managers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox – Powering Imagination