Data Science, Trust & Safety - User Behavior
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For 3 years running, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work ®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization’s mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive toolbelt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
WHY TRUST & SAFETY?
The vast potential of diverse user generated content and experiences also presents unique challenges at scale to ensure the safety of our Roblox community. As a Data Scientist on the Trust and Safety team, you will play a key part in driving the development of automation to help assess both trust and risk as it pertains to creator content and user behavior. Working with data scientists, product managers, engineers, and leaders across the company, you’ll identify opportunities for high impact and create automated systems that work in tandem with a human moderation workforce to identify and act on abusive content on the platform.
You Are :
- Highly self-driven. You are perpetually curious and consistently strive to improve your skills by learning the latest modeling techniques and data tools. You thrive with freedom and autonomy and are excited by the ambiguity that comes from exploring a new problem space.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- Motivated by impact. You find great satisfaction in being able to point to direct contributions you’ve made to an organization. You recognize the inherent tradeoffs between further research/experimentation and productionization apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion.
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You’re experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data in distributed systems using frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink.
- Experienced in developing models to draw insights from data and automate decisions. You are capable of using machine learning and statistical techniques to model a variety of different types of data from time-series and sequential data to unstructured data like text and images. You are comfortable throughout different phases of data product development and can take a project from ideation to deployment.
You Will :
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that lead to the safest experiences for Roblox’s sizable user base.
- Develop modeling solutions to help understand user behavior on the platform and proactively identify unsafe content.
- Develop optimal metrics and evaluate A/B experiments to determine the success of product feature launches.
- Collaborate with policy teams and use data-driven insights to help define best practices to ensure safety and equity within Roblox.
- 2+ year of industry experience in analytics
- 2+ years experience in scripting languages for DS like Python or R
- 6+ months of experience using big data query/processing languages and tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark and Airflow
- 2+ year experience with basic modeling frameworks such as statsmodels, scikit-learn, XGBoost, etc.
- Experience with SQL flavors for data querying
- Past experience on Trust and Safety in other social platforms.
- 4+ years of prior industry experience in Product Analytics
- 2+ years of experience building putting DS/ML models into production