Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Continuous Deployment Platform Engineer, you will build the CD platform to allow Roblox to grow with reliability while improving our release velocity. If you are customer-focused and looking for an environment to challenge you, you'll be right at home within our experienced and expanding Engineering team.
This is a high impact position, supporting our engineering team as we expand the platform to handle the demands of our targeted one billion monthly users. Our customers are our coworkers, and you will work with engineers across Roblox to provide the Continuous Deployment tools and infrastructure they need to grow as members of our team. Your work will ensure that every engineering team at Roblox has the tools they need to safely and automatically release software with high and high velocity. This is an exciting time at Roblox, we are growing, and you will be a founding member of a new team.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in deploying common industry test/build/CICD technology
- Passionate about the engineering experience, and will be an advocate across engineering for the importance of DevOps practices to that experience
- A programmer, having built Tools using two or more languages (Python, Java, C#, JSON, C++, GO, …)
- Customer-focused, you enjoy the challenge of working with your customers to establish outstanding solutions that solve their toughest problems.
- A team player, you work with and inspire others around you, and you are comfortable working with people in any situation
- Experienced, with 6+ years as an engineer (2+ in DevOps), you have implemented CD practices, tools and infrastructure, and have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Develop our CD platform, tools, and infrastructure to meet the requirements of our engineering teams
- Collect and evaluate customer requirements to make essential build versus buy recommendations
- Identify essential problems and prevent them from reoccurring by root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve our CD tooling, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure we can achieve velocity, scalability and high reliability
- Develop and share best practices with our engineering teams to improve automation and efficiency.
- Work with a global team of engineers who are building groundbreaking technology to achieve the Metaverse
- You will report to Head of Engineering Efficiency
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar