Client Software Engineer - Account Authentication
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Software Engineer on the Account Authentication team, you will work with teammates in the design, implementation and landing of features and fixes that allow people of all ages and geographies to securely join the metaverse. We are the front door of the metaverse. We are responsible for signing users up for Roblox on all platforms and subsequently re-authenticating those users when they want to use Roblox after they log out or move to a new device. When we do our job well, Roblox users will have a seamless experience regardless of whether they are using a PC, Android phone, or iOS tablet. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Account Authentication team.
For many of our users, Roblox is their first port of call on the internet. We can't rely on federating our identity nor on our users remembering passwords. This means that we have an opportunity to invest in new passwordless approaches to user authentication.
For you this is an opportunity to work at scale on important problems impacting real users while gaining familiarity with the applications of cryptography and machine learning.
- 2+ years experience working on Mobile (Android, iOS) or Roblox development.
You might have:
- Some background in Oauth2, OpenIdConnect, FIDO or other authentication protocols.
- Some experience with public/private key cryptography.
- Experience with client-side ML (e.g. TensorFlow lite)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar