Junior Social Media Specialist (Philippines or SEA)
Rivalry is a startup uniquely positioned to disrupt the dated betting industry. Our founders and staff have a unique mix of endemic and traditional experience that creates a unique culture that cannot be found elsewhere in esports or betting.
Our objective is not just to become the best esports betting company in the world but to become the market leaders for safe, trustworthy, enjoyable betting, entertaining content, and the ‘go-to’ social media channels.
We will soon have one of the most comprehensive offerings and websites for both esports betting and traditional sports betting. We will be revolutionizing the online gambling space by creating proprietary offerings that customers not only want but crave. These include the gamification of betting (your favorite RPG game meets betting), MMOBGs (massive multiple online betting games), and some other top-secret ideas.
This role is full time, we expect the successful candidate to work exclusively for Rivalry. A work permit is not offered.
Rivalry’s social media channels have seen an incredible amount of growth since we launched and we’re in need of a passionate junior social media specialist to take our Dota2 channels to the next level and expand into new platforms. Developing our employees is an investment for both our employees and the future of Rivalry. You will be given ongoing comprehensive training and work closely alongside our market leading social media team and management. You will be tasked with manning our social media profiles and generating new ideas to increase engagement, reach, and overall growth. We’re looking for people who are passionate about their personal growth and passionate about Dota2. If you’ve been thinking about kicking off a career in social media and esports and the requirements below sound like you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Fluent in English, Tagalog and Bisaya.
- Passionate about Dota2 with expert knowledge of it’s global esports ecosystem, players and teams. Preferably you are a Dota2 player yourself.
- Creative, proactive and driven.
- Have a deep understanding of Pinoy humor and nuances.
- Understand the unique cultural references in the Dota2 ecosystem.
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Relish working to deadlines and managing different projects at the same time
- Eager to work in social media, willing to learn and develop key skills.
- Have good news sense and value attention to detail
- Be flexible and able to work outside standard working hours, weekends, and environment when required.
If hired you will be expected to:
- Source and publish relevant and compelling social media content in the correct tone of voice to support the editorial and commercial goals of Rivalry
- Create and post entertaining and engaging social media content
- Devise and manage a range of multimedia content (video, GIFs, images) for commercial and editorial campaigns.
- Design and edit multimedia content (video gif, images, memes)
- Develop a good knowledge of Photoshop and After Effects
- Write punchy, compelling copy
- Have an understanding of analytics data (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google) and report on performance.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of esports and internet culture
- Lead growth activations with partners and identify partners for social media growth.
You will be expected to work remotely or from home.
We want to make sure your salary is adequate to support your lifestyle. As an early employee, you will have the opportunity to earn equity within the company. All offers can be discussed and amended to find the perfect candidate for this role.
Learn the industry from market leaders and forge a career path.
Company events & social hours