(Closed) Head of Payments
Rivalry is a startup uniquely positioned to disrupt the dated online gambling space. The founders and staff come from the gaming and esports scene and are now working their way into the betting world. This approach differs from a lot of operators who come from the betting world and see esports as an opportunity.
We pride ourselves on our endemic knowledge of the esports scene and aim to not just be the best esports betting site in the world, but much more. We are striving to have one of the most comprehensive offering and product innovations for both esports and traditional sports betting. These include the gamification of betting (your favorite RPG game meets betting), MMOGGs (massive multiple online gambling games), and some other top secret ideas in the works.
Rivalry exists to grow esports, support the people that make up the scene and make matches even more exciting to watch, while being committed to responsible gambling.
We pride ourselves on superior usability and customer experiences. One of the processes with the most friction for customers is depositing and withdrawing their funds. We want to be sure to offer desirable payment methods that work well. We are looking to hire a Head of Payments to help us reduce and eliminate friction around the movement of funds for our customers.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Identify payment methods needed to make the movement of money for customers an easy, frictionless process;
- Contact payment providers to setup a relationship and solution;
- Negotiate terms with payment providers;
- Liaison with our legal team to execute agreements;
- Work with the payment provider and our development team to facilitate integration and remove blockers for both parties;
- Identify friction points for customers in the UI/UX while depositing or withdrawing funds;
- Work with our design/product team and champion changes to make the customer experience top tier;
- Work with fraud tools to confirm appropriate user behavior before paying out;
- Monitoring and/or processing customer withdrawals. Sometimes automated. Sometimes manual.
- Setup a framework and process to make the setup of additional providers as we enter new regions a predictable, trusted process;
- Take complete ownership and accountability for all-things-payments. Your coworkers will be available to assist you but you’re essentially the “CEO of payments”.
- Be comfortable with high expectations. The person in this role is crucial for success. A lot will be expected of you. You will need to not only be okay with this, but rise to the occasion.
- Minimum 4 years of experience setting up payment solutions;
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with payments within a regulated gambling environment;
- Extensive knowledge of payment solutions in LATAM and SEA;
- Strong and comfortable in working with others remotely;
- Skillset, knowledge, and confidence you can handle the setup of payment solutions from start to finish;
- English fluency.
We want to make sure your salary is adequate to support your lifestyle. As an early employee, you will have the opportunity to earn equity within the company. All offers can be discussed and amended to find the perfect candidate for this role.
You can be located anywhere in the world but will be expected to have adequate availability to work with our team who mostly resides around GMT-4.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, love the challenges of a startup and want to be a part of an incredible company that’s positioned within the heart of one of the fastest growing industries, hit us up and let us know why you think you’re the best possible fit.