Senior UX Designer
Rivalry is an esports focused sportsbetting and media company on a mission to redefine an entire industry from the inside out. Our company is made by esports fans for esports fans with a dedication for the industry as whole as we’re growing the ecosystem from the grassroots communities to the professional players and leagues. All while being deeply committed to responsible betting.
As we continue on our mission, we’re looking for you, Senior UX Designer, to join the Design team to help build the best esports brand in the world.
Does that sound fun? Keep reading!
By this point we assume that you’re interested in esports as you’ve kept reading this post.
Our future Sr. UX Designer is a thinker as much as they're a doer. You will serve as a key member of the Product Design team, designing, ideating, iterating, and reiterating pixel-perfect prototypes.
Here is a bullet point list of things we’re looking for you to do, because what would a job application look like without one of these lists?
- Build a close and collaborative relationship with your agile squad: your product manager, product design lead, and software developers, to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches, and deliverables.
- Work with the product team to create solutions to complex design problems using methods such as user analysis, research, user flows, testing, storyboards, and wireframes.
- Work from broad business objectives to fully design new features and products for web and mobile.
- Create beautiful high fidelity UI mockups and functional prototypes.
- Manage and maintain our design system and UI components kits.
- Put together functional dev specs to help guide the development team in execution of your designs.
- Provide guidance to the dev team in implementing your designs.
- Provide guidance and constructive critique of your fellow designer’s work.
- Test implementations to ensure the execution meets the quality of the design.
- Use analytical skills and strategic perspective to identify trends & recommend solutions that will help improve the user experience
- Relentlessly seek user feedback and validation; rework your deliverables accordingly
What you will bring to the team
- 5+ Years of experience (minimum) in UX design, UI+GUI or a tightly related design field
- Proven knowledge of utilizing design best practices (in UX, UI & UXR)
- Stellar portfolio demonstrating both technical skills & creative thinking
- Rapid sketching abilities
- A keen eye for details
- Proficient written & oral skills
- A superpower to operate and invent optimally while under pressure
- Superb skills in: Sketch, Figma, Invision, & Adobe creative suite
- Ample ability to turn complex interactions and designs into sleek & intuitive user experiences / ideas.
Why work here
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
- As an early employee, you will have the opportunity to earn stocks.
- Small, close-knit team with the opportunity to get involved in cross-departmental projects
- High visibility, with the opportunity to bring the team to the next level
Be you, with us! We like it that way.
We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take differences to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re committed to move our company forward.