Rivalry has been pushing the boundaries on what an esports betting product can be, and we’ve been doing it well. As our user base grows and we enter new global regions, the demand to create new and better products is increasing. We're focused on having the best product in the gambling space. We aren’t willing to accept being marginally better.
We are working hard to create something leaps and bounds above anything else out there. We are investing heavily into our product development team and are looking to hire a Senior Mobile Developer to join us on this journey.
Does that sound fun? Keep reading!
The successful candidate will be a confident mobile developer that is interested in building innovative Android & iOS applications. You will lead, architect and develop our mobile app from it's inception. This is a senior role working alongside our CTO, product owners and engineering team; as well as, other internal stakeholders of all levels within the organization in order to share and learn from one another as well as lead projects yourself.
We pride ourselves on keeping up with a modern stack, focusing both on application performance and developer quality of life. We work where we get our best work done. Be it in our Toronto office, remote or a hybrid of both. We're still a team that Pair Programs often, holds regular standups and plays games together regularly. We are a rapidly changing organization and are always open to discuss what we're focusing on and how we're getting there. We expect that you'll be a part of our feature planning, as well as helping vet our implementation options.
You will also be a part of
- Building advanced applications for Android & iOS mobile apps.
- Leading mobile engineering in all aspects of our applications by defining, designing, and shipping new features.
- Code Reviews, providing feedback and direction to others.
- Partner with the product and design team on feature discovery and planning.
- Prototyping concepts as a part of idea exploration.
- Brainstorming sessions where you will contribute ideas to future features.
- Sprint Planning, where you will break down large epics into smaller actionable tasks with details.
Skills, knowledge and expertise
On a more technical level, your job will be to architect, develop and maintain our mobile app from the ground up.
You should have a strong understanding (4 or more years experience) of one or more of the following:
- Relevant experience as an engineer and strong understanding of end-to-end Android and/or iOS mobile app development.
- Excellent knowledge of core mobile principles (Common development frameworks, UI implementation, REST API).
- You feel comfortable diving into existing code and interacting with developers at all levels of seniority.
- Experience implementing modern architectural design patterns on mobile.
- Experience in integrating Third Party libraries and SDKs.
- Proven track record of shipping products in an iterative manner.
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results.
- Familiarity of frontend technology and frameworks such as NodeJS, Vue or React are desirable.
Bonus Points (nice to have but not necessary):
- Previously held a role in technical leadership.
- Previous experience in esports, online gambling or gaming areas is a plus.
Our office is located in Toronto. The ideal candidate will also be located in Toronto. However, we will consider remote applicants +/- 3 hours from eastern time zone.
Why work at Rivalry?
- We offer a competitive salary and total rewards package including a comprehensive benefits package and stock options (we believe it's important for our people to own a piece of the company and share in our success).
- A chance to work in one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries
- Work with an extremely talented team who share a love for video games and esports on truly innovative projects; we’re not your typical online sports betting site - we’re a tech company first, and a sports betting company second
- Work where you get your best work done. Whether that’s in an office (when it’s safe enough) or in the comfort of your own home. Our offices are located in Toronto, but a large portion of our company works remotely across 17 different countries.
- Free video games! Every Rivalry employee gets a monthly stipend
Rivalry is an esports/sports betting and entertainment startup on the hunt to revolutionize an entire industry. We exist to grow esports, from the grassroots communities to the professional players and leagues.
Driven by our passion for games, we are delivering the most comprehensive offerings and product innovations to a new generation of players. All while being deeply committed to responsible betting.