(Closed) CIS Region Lead
Rivalry is a startup uniquely positioned to disrupt the dated iGaming / gambling space. The founders and staff come from the gaming and esports scene and are now working their way into the betting world. This is very different than a lot of site operators who come from the betting world and see esports as an opportunity.
We pride ourselves on our endemic knowledge and aim to not just be the best esports betting site in the world, but much more. Our fans are thrilled to find us at the intersection of trustworthiness, incredible content, community support, joyous site usability, superior customer service, and innovation.
We will soon have one of the most comprehensive offerings for both esports betting and traditional sports betting. We will be revolutionizing the online gambling space by creating proprietary offerings that customers not only want, but crave. These include the gamification of betting (your favorite RPG game meets betting), MMOBGs (massive multiple online betting games), and some other top secret ideas.
Okay, so what’s the role?
As our product finds its form and customer acquisition continues to improve, we have begun our search to add another staff member to our incredible team. We are looking for ... (drum roll please) ...a head of CIS.
We have a business model that has seen success in a few regions. We now apply those concepts towards expansion into the CIS. Some strategy will transfer well but we understand much will need dramatic changes. We understand some of the nuances but are looking for a connected, talented, driven person to help us navigate additional obstacles and ultimately be responsible for growing this arm of our business. Are you able to step up and be that person?
This job will not be a walk in the park. You will be challenged. You will be part of a startup journey in a very competitive vertical. You will be responsible for leading our company to success in multiple countries with millions of potential customers interested in betting on a variety of titles. But when the dust settles, we will proudly stand together having created an unparalleled, unique offering. When CIS esports fans think about the most fun way to enhance their esports and sports viewing experiences, they will think of Rivalry. And you can be part of the core team who helped us get there.
If this gets the hair standing up on your neck a bit, please read on. If you’re yawning, it would be best to slide that cursor up towards that “X” in the top right.
Job Description and Expectations:
You will be the person responsible for everything related to Rivalry’s success in the CIS region. We want you to be our eyes and ears, helping us to navigate obstacles, create connections, and ultimately be responsible for growing Rivalry into one of the most popular betting sites for fans.
You will be expected to:
- Make sure the site is properly translated and localized
- Assure payment providers are adequate and functioning
- Setup and manage profitable marketing campaigns, including but not limited to sponsoring streamers, YouTubers, influencers, tournaments, and teams
- Create and execute a strategy for content marketing
- Setup and manage social media accounts (VK, YouTube, etc)
- Setup and run tournaments on our own and/or with other organizers
- Be deeply involved with our data to understand user behaviors and profitability
- Be comfortable analyzing data to make data-driven decisions
- Work with our SEO team to create content
- Assist with navigating compliance / legal obstacles
- Work with our retention team to create and implement retention strategies
- Work closely with our sales / partnerships team
- Manage relationships with 3rd party agencies, making sure each is profitable
- Identify issues reported by customers and work with our development team to resolve them
- Manage our customer service team, ensuring customers receive the best support in the world
- Work with our customer service team to process KYC requests
- Build a strong, driven, trustworthy team to help support you as needed
- Fluency in both English and Russian
- Well-connected within the CIS / RU gambling scene
- Well-connected within the CIS / RU esports scene
- Ability to work cross-functionally to support customers and the company's strategic vision
- Flexible hours
- Driven to identify and dominate any and all obstacles in your way
Location / Remote Work:
A majority of our company works out of Toronto. If you’re able to work in person with us, that’s a bonus. But we are very open to you working remotely. If remote, you will be expected to adjust your schedule to have a few hours of overlap with other members of the team.
We want to make sure your salary is adequate to support your lifestyle. But we aren’t interested in someone who is primarily working for a paycheck. We are a startup aiming to disrupt the gambling space. As an early employee, you will have the opportunity to earn equity. We certainly hope you’re incentivized by wanting to be a part of an amazing team that’s creating innovative customer experiences but we also want you to be driven by the tremendous financial upside potential.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, love the challenges of a startup and want to be a part of an incredible company that’s positioned within the heart of one of the fastest growing industries, hit us up and let us know why you think you’re the best possible fit.