Studio Head of Development
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for an experienced game development leader who is passionate about managing creative teams and has experience leading complex projects and organizations of multiple teams, locations and cultures.
You will be a part of the Studio Leadership team, will head up the Production team, and will report to the General Manager of the studio. You will lead the management, development and live service of all Ripple Effect Studios products, and will oversee studio operations. You will partner with the GM and EA Executive Leadership to establish the studio, product and talent strategy and will lead its successful execution. You will also help grow a healthy, high-functioning studio and culture.
We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
- Develop the studio roadmap and supporting execution plan in partnership with the GM
- Oversee and validate franchise/product development plans.
- Develop and maintain indicators that track project quality, delivery, financials, and risks.
- Oversee development process improvement for the studio.
- Drive exploration of new avenues of operating.
- Manage the development budgets working with the product teams and finance partners.
- Experience as an operational leader overseeing multiple AAA games through the full development cycle.
- 10+ years' experience as an embedded member of a studio development team.
- Experience leading and developing a team of direct reports.
- Desire to build partnerships and are the kind of person that people want to work for and work with.
- Exceptional knowledge of product planning and execution, with a deep understanding of game development.
- Excellent change management skills, can embrace ambiguity and meet commitments.
- Great problem-solving skills, and ability to motivate others to find solutions in new situations and dynamic environments.
- Desire to pursue the highest quality in everything you do.
- A bias for action and experience with predicting issues before they come up.
- Passion to build teams and a great culture, fueled by empathy.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make amazing games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a resume.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.