Senior Game Designer
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States - Seattle, Washington, United States - Redwood City, California, United States - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
- Define the feature set of core gameplay content releases, within the project’s creative constraints and under the direction of the design and creative directors
- Responsible for driving quality of core gameplay that will be released during live service
- Collaborate with other project leads to define and prioritize ongoing improvements to several major features, ensuring they meet live service requirements
- Ensure all design documentation is delivered on time, is detailed enough for accurate estimation and all impacted parties have been able to review and influence as necessary
- Continuously drive understanding, alignment and excitement for the content release vision within the team
- Provide and solicit feedback from stakeholders and team members in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project
- Collaborate closely with Experience Design to incorporate feedback from research, playtest data, and community feedback to forge an outstanding player experience
- Be accountable for content quality targets as well as the results achieved
- Shipped at least one AAA game, or at least 2 years experience in live service design
- 2+ years of experience in a design role with leadership or significant responsibility
- FPS and/or live service experience
- Passion for playing and making games, with a deep understanding of what makes them fun
- Understanding of mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within it
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy creative problem-solving as part of a team
- Value documentation and healthy communication
- Broad taste in games
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.