Lead Character Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are seeking a Lead Character Artist who is passionate about creating high-quality, realistic characters and is eager to join us in our desire to push quality to the next level. This role will report to our Studio Art Line Director, based in our studio in Los Angeles, California. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
As a Lead Character Artist, you will be responsible for:
Work task examples:
- Sculpt high-resolution characters
- Create clean game topology, UV’s and textures
- Collaborate with Production to organize, schedule, and manage the character art team’s daily activities
- Support character concept and design
- Work with Art Director to drive and maintain high visual quality of character models
- Partner with engineers and tech artists to develop an effective character art pipeline
- Mentor the internal and external character teams through verbal and written feedback
- Communicate the visual design and development of the characters through art specifications, style guides and reference material
- Deliver feedback to outsourcing partners
Skills We Look For:
- Previous character lead experience within a game production environment
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight and silhouette
- Strong Maya or similar 3D modeling software
- Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush
- Expert knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Experience with Marvelous designer
- Experience with photogrammetry
- Understanding of rigging and skinning
- Military gear & hardware knowledge a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Passion for collaboration with other artists, designers, and programmers
- Critical eye for detail
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.