Director, Game Product Management
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States Austin, Texas, United States Seattle, Washington, United States Redwood City, California, United States Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Director, Game Product Management
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Director, Game Product Management to join us at Ripple Effect to help build our product and data teams. You’ll be a quantitative leader for the studio and will guide our product strategy, partnering with the team to develop a successful and performant game.
Product Management is an essential role in the future of Live Service games, and at the center of driving our product strategy. Our Product leader will be empowered to guide predictability and performance for our products.
You will oversee the business aspects of development, including monetization, business models, and live ops and will manage overall product strategy, becoming a market and genre expert. You will create quantitative guidance for the studio, working with partners to communicate a holistic view into the health of the game and provide insights to improve the product and its growth and performance. You will lead the team to determine the economy business model, Goals framework, experimentation, and whatever else it takes to improve predictable performance in market.
You will report to the General Manager of Ripple Effect. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three-hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
Product Management is an important piece of the leadership team in our development process – come join the Ripple Effect Team:
- Partner with studio product & creative leaders to ensure the game addresses players’ motivations, while maximizing acquisition, engagement, and monetization drivers
- Work with other members of the game team leadership to design and manage essential features that further acquisition, engagement, and monetization optimization efforts
- Own live service revenue growth and portfolio
- Drive A/B experimentation to increase gameplay and commerce
- Develop the PMs in the studios to build an outstanding game PM team
- Manage economy design, testing and tuning for all of our products
- Determine metrics and tracking tools for all products and use the data to promote intelligent decisions for feature optimization or future feature development
- Partner with marketing, creative, and franchise teams to promote titles both in-game and externally to improve growth and ROI
- Experience launching successful live service products (PC/console) ideally as a lead PM and experience with rigorous approach to building products that uses both qualitative and quantitative insights to guide product design.
- Experience building complex in-game economies.
- Have managed and developed junior PMs or PM teams.
- Experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights and design experimentation.
- Experience with Multivariate testing.
- Avid gamer
- BS/BA degree, ideally in quantitative discipline. MS/MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in consumer product sector.
- 4+ years as an Analyst, Product Manager, Producer or Systems Designer in games industry
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a resume and portfolio.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.