At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn’t stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we’re building a new team that will continue to bring Riot’s IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop bespoke IP experiences and products - animation, interactive narratives, consumer products, and beyond - that deepen players’ and fans’ connections to the universe we’ve created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will strive to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
As the Vice President, Marketing, reporting to the President, you’ll help carry the torch for marketing excellence across Riot’s portfolio of entertainment products. You will design and oversee the publishing strategy and go-to-market efforts for all current and upcoming products. Working closely with the executive producers, show runners, publishing leads, product teams, and senior leadership of the company, you will be our leader driving strategy across our portfolio, ensuring that we come to market with the best marketing, product, and planning strategies globally. You will lead the existing global publishing and marketing team while scaling the organization to introduce new capabilities and teams to support our multi-product efforts.
- Oversee the creation and management of strategy, managing core brand, marketing, and supporting commercial efforts
- Establish brand marketing DNA, setting the strategy to ensure execution of marketing globally
- Manage marketing budget and resource allocation from annual planning to ongoing variable spend
- Be an important partner in product strategy; advise on market potential, pricing, distribution channels, and launch sequencing for all products
- Guide the development and ongoing management of global marketing goals, including viewership/engagement, operational and campaign milestones, return on investment of marketing spend and product revenues
- Build relationships and agreement with executive leaders of partner organizations across Riot, ensuring agreement on product priorities
- Ensure product launch plans translate into execution both within and outside of Entertainment, meeting goals and financial targets
- Improve department operating structure, implementing systems and process that create a close partnership with product owners
- Partner with regional teams to develop locally relevant marketing that aligns with the global strategy
- Conduct regular competitive analysis, market, and user research across the gaming/entertainment landscape to stay ahead of new technologies, market trends, and latest needs of our fans
- Recruit, manage and foster the career development of outstanding, cross-discipline publishing talent within Entertainment
- 12+ years of demonstrated career progression in roles of increasing responsibility, with fluency in all aspects of marketing and an emphasis on digital (e.g., A/B testing, CRM, 1:1, performance marketing), product, brand development, customer acquisition, and driving engagement through content
- Experience managing entertainment products and brands in global markets with experience entering and growing new markets/segments
- You are passionate about Riot IP, influential brands, and new trends and have a fascination of how to apply that passion to marketing campaigns and brand experiences
- Experience telling compelling stories about brands to multiple global audiences through breakthrough visual or experiential design and creative with digital know-how
- Have led publishing for a diverse product portfolio with reach across global markets
- Have held a senior position in marketing or publishing (e.g., full P&L ownership or ownership over the full publishing budget)
- Have familiarity with the gaming industry, and a variety of gaming genres and platforms
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference in marketing, advertising, communications, or business; MBA or BSc in Business Administration
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).