Visual Designer - Esports
Riot Visual Designers want to create the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration. They understand players and fans and ask questions about the what, who, and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer on Esports Digital, you will report directly to the Design Lead. You will collaborate with other designers, producers, and engineers to design esports product interfaces, create mock-ups and style guides, illustrate icons and other creative assets, and create UI and product-marketing assets for fan-facing esports products.
The Esports Digital team develops global products to redefine and transform the way fans watch and engage with our esports. Our team's products serve millions of esports fans around the world. We have only scratched the surface of what sports can be; the work you do will directly improve the sustainability, story-telling, and fan experience for all Riot Esports.
- You will design esports fan-focused experiences for web, mobile, and broadcast products
- You will maintain and push the quality bar for Riot Esports branded experiences for all relevant game titles (e.g. League of Legends, VALORANT)
- You will work with creative and product leads to ensure work is on track and exceeds quality standards
- You will work with product and design leads to develop and concept products to address fan needs
- You will create mood boards and other visual assets with the Visual Design, UX, and Product Leads to develop and strengthen brand identities, brand kits and style guides.
- You will work with a creative team to establish product and product-marketing deliverables and workflow
- You will partner with creative developers to bring designs to market
- You will advocate and work with the design and product leads to improve team processes and workflows
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer designing digital experiences
- You have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- You have designed responsive web applications and mobile apps
- A professional portfolio with examples of your past work demonstrating design fundamentals (e.g. layout, composition, grids, typography) and an ability to design interfaces that meet both aesthetic and functional goals.
- Expert knowledge of Figma and its componentized design features
- Experience in a secondary craft such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling
- Comfort in creating end-to-end flows for product experiences
- User Experience as it relates to web, mobile and software development
- Experience with game and software development processes and methodologies
- Brand development fundamentals (e.g. developing design goals, creating mood boards, pitching creative projects)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).