Visual Design Intern
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
We are looking for Visual Design interns in the following Products:
- Teamfight Tactics
- Platform Group
- Work cross functionally to execute the creative vision and strategy for your initiative
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show a strong grasp of readability, hierarchy, platform and player behavior patterns
- Extend themes throughout the project establishing style guides and conventions
- Understand concepts and process behind the guides, but also know when to break the rules
- Design beyond the latest trends and work with a wide range of styles
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at the indicated office during the summer
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Some combination of skills within the following: User interface design, typography, iconography, UI illustrations, motion graphics, mobile design, layout, visual hierarchy, web or product design, branding and/or marketing campaigns.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working in a game pipeline
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
General Portfolio Advice:
- Please limit application submission to 1 role. You will automatically be considered for similar roles based on your portfolio
- Online format is preferred (Artstation, personal websites, etc.)
- If you have private work that is under NDA, please include the password in your application. Otherwise, we recommend you do not password protect your portfolio
- Test that your Portfolio or reel is accessible. Please include access to your portfolio on your resume in addition to the application form in case the link breaks
- Ensure your portfolio showcases your best work
- Fan Art? Sure! It shows your versatility as it relates directly to our art style
- Depending on the role, immersing yourself in the game to get the feel, tone and look can go a long way for your portfolio
Applications Close January 10th 11:59pm PT
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.