Visual Design Artist II, TFT
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer / UI Designer on TFT, you will report to the Visual Design Lead. You will be responsible for ideation and development of in-game HUD and out-of-game UI experiences for TFT and TFT mobile. Your scope of responsibilities involves working with UX designers on bringing interactive experiences to life, developing within League's UI engine, and maintaining UI assets such as illustrations, champion artwork, and iconography. Working on TFT also involves the management & maintenance of PSD source files for HUD artwork, Figma source development, and working with engineers to have assets put into game within technical standards.
- Develop UI and HUD solutions for TFT with an understanding of layout, color, value and interactive systems design
- Team up with UX designers, product and Motion Graphics to develop experiences both in-game and out of game
- Plan out work with the team and set expectations for development and workflow to bring concepts to implementation in-game
- Create vector artwork, iconography, and rasterized assets that are high-quality and optimized for the game
- Maintain source work and manage Libraries for future development
- Master your use of RiotUI Engine and tooling to bring designs to implementation with the engineering team, and push for improvements to workflow
- 3+ years of industry experience working with digital art
- BA or training in art fundamentals
- Strong sense of composition, color, value and 2D art fundamentals for Visual Design
- Produce Matte Illustrations and compositions using sourced artwork, 3D captures, and 2D mastering techniques
- Manage the creation and tracking of regular set release content for multiple systems
- Experience with Photoshop, layer comps, blending modes, and layer organization
- Experience working with tools to generate, export, and manage image assets
- Strong familiarity with Figma Library development and component management
- Understanding of working in game tools and engine
- Ability to create logos, symbols, illustrative emblems and icons
- Experience developing briefs, target concepts and managing external vendors to produce final art
- Background in Mobile UI development
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).