Visual Design Artist II - League, Gameplay
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
The role of Visual Design / UI Artist on the League of Legends team with Gameplay is responsible for the ideation, development and production of game UI experiences for League of Legends PC both in League’s PC Client and game. Scope of responsibilities covers working with UX designers, product and engineers to bring interactive experiences to life and to players through world class design specifications and directly in the Riot Engine. Working within the League of Legends style and brand, maintaining robust libraries, and working with assets, illustrated artwork, and iconography are key to success on the League Client. This also involves the management and maintenance of Figma source libraries, PSDs, and working with engineers to have assets put into the client within technical standards.
- Develop UI solutions for League with a strong understanding of systems design, UI style, layout, color, value and interaction
- Collaborate with UX, product and motion graphics to develop experiences both in-game and out of game in the League Client
- Plan out work and set expectations for development and workflow to bring concepts to implementation in-game
- Create vector iconography and rasterized assets that are high quality and optimized for the game
- Maintain source work and manage Libraries for future development
- Understand and work within the RiotUI Engine and tooling to bring designs to implementation with the engineering team
- 3+ years of industry experience working with digital art
- BA or training in art fundamentals
- Strong sense of composition, color, value and 2D art fundamentals
- Understanding of Photoshop, layer comps, blending modes, and layer organization
- Familiarity working with WYSIWYG UI editors
- Ability to manage a large number of assets and keep track of their status
- Technical familiarity with versioning and asset management best practices
- Understanding of Figma library management
For this role, you'll find success through having an ownership mentality, a collaborative spirit, and a passion that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected.